From the airport Gardermoen to Oslo city centre
The easiest and fastest way to get to Oslo from Gardermoen airport is the Airport Express Train, which leaves every 10 minutes during weekdays and takes 20 minutes to Oslo Central station.
Another option is the railway (Norges Statsbaner NSB), less frequent and less costly
The third option is the airport buses:
- Flybussekspressen, which stops at the Rikshospitalet close to the conference venue
- Flybussen, which goes to the Bus terminal next to Oslo Central railway station.
At Oslo Central station you can change to all metro lines, see the map of public transport lines
When in Oslo
The conference program only allow for a couple of trips around Oslo. Oslo Town Hall gives a reception on Monday evening 20.30-22.00 where those who are interested can get a guided tour of parts of the building, see An article about the City hall (in Norwegian).
Other things to see are:
- Vigeland sculpture park
- The Munch museum
- The Opera House where you can walk on the glacier-like roof
- The Viking ships house and marine museums at Bygdøy, including the Folk museum
- The Holmenkollen ski jump
- The National gallery (with a permanent Munch exhibition)
- The Astrup Fearnley museum of modern art